Twitter follow back basics
What I like most about twitter is its ability to connect people who otherwise would not have been able to connect and allow them to have a conversation. However as you add followers and as followers start to follow you, you tend to lose touch with some followers and your twitter time line shifts quickly. Unfortunately there are some who just dont get twitter and care about having thousands of followers and no valuable content. For those some rules of follow back have to be established
Some follow back rules that I am using
1) If you add me, and have 2000 followers and < 500 following you, I will not follow you back.
2) If you add me and have 2000 followers and > 500 following you, I will only add you if you tweet something meaning full to me.
3) If you add me and have less tweets than followers, I will not add you back
4) If you add me and tweet once or twice a day, I will not add you back (what is the point, i am going to miss 99% of your tweets)
5) If you add me and dont have a pic or profile (odds are I will not follow you back)
6) if you add me, and I add you and after 4 week, i see that I have no clue who you are, I will unfollow you
7) if I add you, and you DM instantly with a blog post to check you out, I will unfollow you
If you follow me, and I dont follow you back, you remove me, and then follow me again so that i follow you, I will NEVER follow you back
Other than that,
I follow back, I follow people from all walks of life, I am not concerned or impressed with the number of followers you have, I am more interested in your tweets and what you have to say. I tend to follow those who converse with people I follow or people who tweeted around a topic I am interested in.